Thursday 12 September 2013

A little of lately

Hi! There's been a few things happening recently I thought I'd let you in on...

We are now selling on Not on the Highstreet, which is very exciting! Hoping it will open my work up to a broader audience, then I get a bit more cash to make more things- my head feels like it might explode with ideas! And the wheel goes on...let alone pay the rent/ phone bill/ food/ the odd flight home & my longing for new shoes...I'll crack it some day!

I have some new 100% recycled cards, in a nice square size for generous writing room, seen them in the shop yet? I've also made the big decision to offer you (in the UK) a nice FREE shipping option across everything. You're welcome!


There's four to choose from including a slushy 'Forever' swan design for weddings, anniversaries & engagements, a sweet new baby option, a 'Thank you' and a 'Cat Friends' Happy Birthday to match my new tote, below. They seem to have been warmly welcomed by you on Facebook, hoorah!


On a more personal note, we've both been fighting a miserable cold which hasn't been much fun. It's feeling a little cooler in Finland now, but still beautiful sunny days too as we merge into Autumn. Not dissimilar to the UK really. I'll be popping home soon mostly to launch Christmas (there, I said it!) stock I've been working on- will keep you posted...I read there's only 15 Saturdays or something left until the Big C, yikes! I'm also going to pop to Cornwall whilst I'm back, it's been a few years and I can't wait...

Plus, I've run out of my preferred tea bags and am using them each twice daily now, desperate times! I remember visiting my mum's uncle in Spain years ago, who had devised a washing line across his kitchen for hanging his precious 'Marks & Spencers English Breakfast' tea bags across to dry out and re-use. It hasn't quite got that bad here yet...

Before I got ill I had a really great week- I caught Kustaa Saksi's exhibition in Helsinki, who I hadn't heard of before but was totally blown away by his intricate & graphic big weaves. It's interesting how here in Finland, graphic designers are turning to textiles, seen Klaus Haapaniemi's work? It's rather beautiful too. 

Here's some images from the exhibition. I've never weaved before myself, and not sure that I'm patient enough but would rather like to have a go now...




I also had a nice evening of stitching & coffee drinking in a little gallery led by lovely Finnish textile artist Sonja Lofgren. I haven't stitched since I was at university and so enjoyed it, it's like therapy.

I embroidered fish & chips and dreamt of summer...


It's almost Design Week in Helsinki, more inspiring times to come, happy days! S x



No comments:

Post a Comment